Saturday, June 25, 2016

North Pole

After leaving Dawson City by a ferry over the Yukon River I rode the top of the world highway to Tok, Alaska. Unfortunately my cell phone with all the pictures of this portion of the trip was lost somewhere between Tok and my next stop in North Pole. Dave Yeager has a cousin there and she invited me to stay a day or two. So I visited Leslie and her husband Frank, and their 4 dogs and 2 cats. It was a pleasant change of pace.
 Stayed in this guest cabin in the backyard, thank you Leslie for giving up your "girl cave."
Slept in the loft, window open, it was great.
Frank smoked red salmon he had caught. It was fantastic.

3 comments:

  1. Yo Mark! Glad you're ok and back on the grid. I hope Sherry's trip to join you went well. Have a great week "camping" together.
    Aug

    ps. Hope you like the shirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a great trip so far. Brings back memories of my trip in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What no pics of my cousin? Looks like a cook place!

    ReplyDelete